If you, or someone you know, relies on electricity for healthcare needs, you can join our Medical Customer Care Register to get extra support during a power cut.
Customers who have medical equipment in their homes, such as specialised mattresses, feeding systems or lifting equipment, can register to receive up to date information by phone during a power cut or a planned interruption to your supply.
As part of your registration you can provide us with details of a relative, neighbour or friend as an alternative contact, if we are unable to speak with you.
How can I join the medical customer care information register?
It is quick and easy to join the NIE Networks Medical Customer Care Register. You can sign up online or call us on 03457 643 643.
Sign Up Online
Alternatively, you can download a medical customer care registration form and return it to us by post. You can also use this form to register for the NI Water Medical Customer Care Register - please complete the separate section.
Our register is confidential. Only authorised NIE Networks staff will have access to the information.
What should I do if I experience a power cut?
- In the event of a power cut please call our Customer Helpline on 03457 643 643.
- If you are registered on our Medical Customer Care Register your call will be given priority.
- You will either speak directly to a call advisor or, if all our call advisors are busy, we will phone you back.
- We will then contact you regularly during the power cut with up-to-date information.
- This will help you make an informed decision so that you can make alternative arrangements, contact your health professional or call 999.
How can I prepare for an unplanned power cut?
- Find out how your medical equipment operates. If you are unsure ask your health professional.
- Make sure your battery back-up is always fully charged.
- You may want to consider temporarily moving to another location, such as a friend or family member, in the case of a prolonged power cut.
- Ensure that you provide a contact number for a mobile phone or a handset that is not operated by electricity.
What happens during a planned power cut?
Sometimes we need to turn the power off to carry out essential work on the electricity network. If we need to do this we will contact you at least three days beforehand and inform you of the expected duration of the interruption.
Medical Customer Care Register
Sign Up Online
Join the NIE Networks Medical Customer Care Register by signing up online using the link below or call us on 03457 643 643.