Northern Ireland Electricity Networks ( NIE Networks ) owns the electricity transmission and distribution network and operates the electricity distribution network which transports electricity to over 895,000 customers.
What do we do?
Watch our video to find out more:
- We serve all 895,000 homes, farms and businesses connected to the electricity network
- We have over 1,200 employees
- Every year we invest around £100 million in the network
Our transmission and distribution network consists of:
- 2,200 kilometers of transmission network
- 47,000 kilometers of distribution network
- 300 major substations
- We connect over 9,000 homes, businesses and farms to the network each year.
Acquired by ESB in December 2010, NIE Networks remains an autonomous organisation with its own Board and management teams and separate regulation via the Utility Regulator.