Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks) is the owner of the electricity transmission and distribution networks in Northern Ireland, transporting electricity to over 900,000 customers including homes, businesses and farms.
What do we do?
Watch our video to find out more:
- We serve all 900,000 homes, farms and businesses connected to the electricity network
- We have over 1,200 employees
- Every year we invest around £100 million in the network
Our transmission and distribution network consists of:
- 2,200 kilometers of transmission network
- 47,000 kilometers of distribution network
- 300 major substations
- We connect over 9,000 homes, businesses and farms to the network each year.
Acquired by ESB in December 2010, NIE Networks operates as an independent organisation with its own Board and management teams and separate regulation via the Utility Regulator for Northern Ireland.