NIE Networks' staff and anyone working on our behalf including tree cutters, meter readers, engineers and meter replacement contractors will always carry proof of identification. Never let anyone into your house without first seeing proper ID.
Anyone working on our behalf will carry an official identification pass, marked with their name and company logo. Home or business owners should always ask to see this ID card before allowing entry. We take the safety of our customers very seriously.
When calling to a customer's home, all our staff and anyone working on our behalf expect to be asked for ID, so please don’t be embarrassed to check.
We are aware of scam calls pretending to be a representative from NIE Networks in relation to changing customer meters. With scams becoming more sophisticated we want to remind all customers to stay safe.
NIE Networks will never call you unexpectedly to ask you for personal information such as your bank details, PIN, or ask you to transfer money. If you believe a caller using our name may be a scam, please hang up and call us on 03457 643 643 or call the PSNI on 101.
What should you do if someone calls to your door?
- Always ask the caller for their ID and check it carefully
- If you have any concerns, ask them to wait outside and close the door until you have checked their ID
- Do not let anyone into your home until you have carried out these checks
- You can call NIE Networks on 03457 643643 to check if the caller is genuine.
- Alternatively, you can call the PSNI’s Quick Check scheme on 101. The call will be answered personally and promptly by a trained police call handler. They will check with us that the person at the door is genuine. If they are not or they think that there is something suspicious, the operator will be able send the police to you.