Our overall standards
At Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks), we have standards to help us address customer issues and queries as quickly as possible. We always do our best to meet or exceed these standards. Our standards below outline the general level of service we aim to give customers and our guaranteed standards cover specific instances of our services to you.
NIE Networks operates in line with a range of statutory standards:
- Turning your power back on - we aim to reconnect 87% of customers affected by a power cut, due to a fault on our distribution system, within 3 hours and all customers within 24 hours.
- Putting voltage issues right - we will correct known voltage issues outside the stated limits within 6 months, subject to any agreement needed from landowners.
- Getting a new supply of electricity - we will complete all new low voltage connections for domestic customers within 30 working days or within 40 working days for non-domestic customers once the terms of the connection have been accepted.
- Getting you back on if you were cut off (due to debt) - once you have made an agreement with your supplier and they let us know, we will get your electricity back on within 24 hours of a working day.
- Moving a meter - we will reposition your meter on your meter board within 15 working days of our quotation being accepted.
- Changing your meter if you change your tariff - if your new tariff needs a new meter installed at your home, we will change the meter within 10 working days of being notified by your supplier.
- Reading your meter - we aim to get a meter reading for 99.5% of customers once a year.
- Replying to your letters and emails - we will reply to you within 10 working days.