9 Oct 2023
We have launched our annual scholarship applications and, for the first time, have extended applications to include computer and data science students.
The business and energy sector as a whole are undergoing a huge digital transformation so the skills and knowledge these students can bring will be of significant importance as the company moves forward.
The scholarship is worth a total of £48k and consists of a £3000 annual bursary, paid summer placements throughout the duration of their university courses and one year paid industrial experience. Each scholar is matched with a company mentor and supported through their professional registration.
Caron Malone, Head of Transmission Strategy at NIE Networks, said: “We’re looking for ground-breaking, forward-thinking engineers who can fit into our team and realise the net zero future for the benefit of the whole of Northern Ireland. As a company we’re in a growth period with hundreds of jobs in the pipeline over the next few years. The opportunities that lie ahead for these young people are endless so I would encourage anyone who is eligible to apply for the scheme, it could be the best decision of their careers.”
Applications can be made through our current opportunities on the Careers Hub and students have until 11pm on Monday 6 November to apply.
Students in their first year of study on the following courses are eligible to apply:
Queens University (MEng pathway is also open to 2nd years)
• MEng / BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
• MEng / BEng Computer Engineering
• Computer Science BSc / MEng
• Data Science BSc
• BEng Renewable Energy Engineering (Magee)
• BSc Energy (Belfast)
• BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Magee)
• BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Magee)
Institute of Engineering (IET) Course - Power Academy
• An IET accredited MEng or BEng electrical, electronic or power engineering course at any Power Academy University. NIE Networks is a member of the Power Academy and each year takes a number of Power Academy Scholars.
Upon graduating, scholars will be employed with NIE Networks on a starting salary of over £39k and are also eligible to apply for the NIE Networks Fast Track Graduate Engineer programme.