At NIE Networks, we use a “Pre-qualification System Notice” called a Qualification System Notice (QSN) to select suppliers to be “qualified” to supply supplies, works and or services.
Suppliers register their interest with the Qualification System Operator. A standing list of suppliers is then created, which may be used as a source of candidates to bid for a contract covered by the system.
Achilles creates and manages a global network of collaborative industry communities, allowing trading partners to share high quality, structured, real-time data.
They publish periodic Find a Tender notices on behalf of NIE Networks that allows this pre-selection of pre-qualified suppliers with set levels of criterion such as specific CPV codes or health and safety, quality or environmental requirements.
Suppliers must register in advance to avail of these opportunities. The service works as follows:
- Supplier completes Achilles Management System Evaluation (MSE) questionnaire and guidance notes and supporting data
- Achilles complete a site visit to verify organisation capability
- Achilles produce a full report including scores will be made available through Achilles to subscribing members
- Achilles provides verification online for one year
- We run a search through Achilles for a particular supply, work and or service and generate a list of potential Suppliers to either issue an Invitation to Tender* to or shortlist those selected by further questions