No power? Here's what to do
1. Check your trip switches
2. Are your neighbours off?
3. Do we know about your power cut?
Check for power cuts
provides real-time fault information map – is your power cut on it?
4. Have you reported it?
Report a power cut
Make sure we know about it. Report it using our online reporting tool or call us on 03457 643 643.
Please note: If it's a dangerous situation, please call us immediately.
6. Have your MPRN to hand
We will identify your property with your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
or your postcode and house number. Have these handy when contacting us.
Keep safe: Never approach broken lines or damaged poles. Report a dangerous situation by calling us on 03457 643 643
7. Other advice
- Turn off electric cookers, heaters and sensitive electrical equipment such as TVs and computers.
- Leave on a light so that you know when the power is back on.
- Check on elderly, vulnerable neighbours or relatives. Find out about our Critical Care information service
- If you are using a generator be careful where you site it in case of carbon monoxide poisoning. Make sure there is plenty of air flow around the generator to supply oxygen and remove the fumes.
Protecting tropical fish
Need more help?