Power cut help
What should you do?
- Check your trip switch – this checks if it is a problem with the electrics in your property.
- If possible – see if your neighbours are also without power or if the street lights are off.
- Report it! If there is a power cut, it’s NIE Networks’ job to fix it. So make sure we know about it.
- Check for power cuts in your area. Powercheck provides real-time fault information map – is your power cut on it?
We will identify your property with your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
or your postcode and house number. Have these handy when contacting us.
Keep safe: Never approach broken lines or damaged poles. Report a dangerous situation by calling us on 03457643643
Download a power cut factsheet
- Turn off electric cookers, heaters and sensitive electrical equipment such as TVs and computers.
- Leave on a light so that you know when the power is back on.
- Check on elderly or vulnerable neighbours or relatives. If you are using a generator be careful where you site it in case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Make sure there is plenty of air flow around the generator to supply oxygen and remove the fumes.