Meter Replacement Programme
NIE Networks maintains the meters at the properties of all customers across Northern Ireland no matter who your supplier is. As part of this service:
- We have an ongoing meter replacement programme.
- We replace all types of meters after a prescribed period of time.
- Different types of meter are required to be changed at different intervals.
- The Department for the Economy (DfE) has no plans at present to install smart meters in Northern Ireland (these programmes are ongoing in Great Britain and Republic of Ireland).
- The meters being installed are upgraded digital display meters that are approved to European Standards.
Who is carrying out the work?
- NIE Networks staff and our contractors – KJM Electrical, ROL Testing and MDE Installations – will be carrying out this work. All meter installers have completed comprehensive training and are fully qualified electricians.
- A meter installer will visit your premises and either change the meter or leave a card with a contact number to make an appointment to replace your meter.
- In some cases, for example, where there is access to the meter in an outdoor meter box or enclosure, it may be changed while you are not at home. A card will be left to advise you that it has been changed.
How do I know they are working on behalf of NIE?
- All employees or contractors working on behalf of NIE Networks will carry identification, wear identifiable uniforms and drive marked vehicles.
- If you are unsure and want to confirm the identity of a meter installer, please use the PSNI's Quick Check scheme
- If you would like to ask us a question, please contact us or get in touch by calling our customer helpline on 03457 643 643.