All of our meter readers wear NIE Networks' branded uniform and carry proof of identification. Never let anyone into your house without first seeing proper ID.
Our meter readers will explain why they have called at your door and what they need to do.
The meter reader will only require access to your meter box and not any other rooms in your home.
Beware of bogus callers
NIE Networks advises our customers to beware of bogus callers to their home:
- Do not let anyone into your home until you recognise them.
- Always make sure your back door is locked before you answer the door.
- If you have a door chain remember to use it before you open the door.
- Ask the caller for their identification and check it carefully.
- Ask them to wait outside and close the door - genuine callers will not mind.
- A genuine meter reader may provide you with a card to allow you to submit your own reading.
- To check if the meter reader is genuine, you can call us on 03457 643 643.