Changes to your existing electricity supply
We offer a range of alteration services, including moving electrical equipment permanently or temporarily, upgrading your main fuse, meter board, overhead power lines, installing new earthing, diverting electricity cables or equipment.
Download application form
Get a guide price
What should you include in your application?
Here's a checklist:
- A signed & dated application form - you can tear off and retain the guidance pages for your records.
- Copy of approved Project Plan - new build only (underground)
- Floor plan of extension with relocated meter
Where to send it?
Please return by post to:
NIE Networks, Connections Customer Liaison, Unit 3, 21 Old Channel Road, Belfast, BT3 9DE
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and advise you from which of our three local depots your application will be handled.
What happens next?
Once we receive your completed application we can plan what we need to do to provide the alteration or get the meter moved. For larger jobs we may contact you to discuss any specific requirements or need to carry out a detailed site survey before we can issue a quote.
- Your quotation will be based on the information you give us using the charging principles outlined in our statement of charges [1.2MB].
- You should receive your quotation letter within 15 working days, depending on the scale of the work required and providing we have all the relevant information.
- The quotation will include details of costs, information on the disconnection process plus our terms and conditions. Your quotation is valid for 90 days.
- Your job can be progressed when you accept the terms of the quotation and make any necessary payment as detailed in your quotation letter. If needed, we can then begin to seek the necessary legalities and permissions for the work to go ahead.
- Quick acceptance of terms is strongly recommended so we can start the process as soon as possible to help meet any completion date you may have.
- We will contact you to agree a date to carry out the alteration. Our timescales can be between 6 to 12 weeks.