Work experience placements
At NIE Networks, each year we offer second level students the opportunity to gain vital industry experience in electrical engineering.
This allows students to gain a valuable insight into what we do and experience first-hand the work of electrical engineers.
What do we look for?
We look for candidates who are self motivated, have good communication and time management skills and an enthusiasm for learning and discovering new things.
What will you be doing?
On the work placement you’ll get to experience what an electrical engineer does through:
- Job shadowing
- Site visits
- practical desk based tasks
- presenting information
- interacting with all levels of NIE Networks i.e. graduate trainees to senior managers
What benefits does our placement offer?
A placement at NIE Networks gives you the opportunity to:
- develop an awareness of the skills, attributes, qualifications and experience expected by NIE Networks and other employers
- develop your communication, inter-personal, organisational, team work and IT skills
- gain an insight into what an electrical engineer job involves
- understand the utilities sector
- talk to people who are already doing the job
- develop your networking opportunities
- learn more about yourself, your likes and dislikes
Read more frequently asked questions
or get in touch
to find out more.