NIE Networks’ engineers and emergency crews have been responding to faults throughout the day and into the evening in extremely poor conditions.
Around 800 customers are currently without electricity, whilst 9,500 homes and businesses have had power restored. NIE Networks will continue to work to restore supply to our remaining customers.
Any customer who requires assistance or needs to report a fault can contact NIE Networks at any time via the Customer Helpline on 03457 643 643.
NIE Networks is also reminding customers of the cautionary measures they can take in the event of a power cut:
• Never approach broken overhead power lines or damaged poles and keep children and animals away
• If you are using a generator, be careful where you site it in case of carbon monoxide poisoning
• Turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc. if electricity supply is lost
• Leave a light switched on so you know when power has been restored
• Take extra care if using candles
• Test smoke alarms with fresh batteries
• Ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters
• Customers who have lost supply should first find out if their neighbours are also without power and check household fuses and trip switches before contacting NIE Networks