At NIE Networks, one of our roles is to maintain our network so that it remains safe and reliable. We have teams working in Northern Ireland everyday. Ongoing programmes of work include:
- Patrolling overhead lines to check for defects
- Cutting back vegetation from overhead lines
- Carrying out regular maintenance in our substations and network
- Upgrading or extending the existing network to provide additional electricity supplies or capacity
- Replacing and upgrading electricity meters
- Connecting homes and businesses to the network
All these tasks are carried out having the highest regard to levels of safety, whether that is to members of the public, contractors or our own employees.