All of our 12 Local Incident Centres are open and responding to customer faults. Customers who are able to report the location of damage to the electricity network should call on 03457 643 643. If customers reporting network damage are not answered by a call handler due to call volumes there will be a facility to leave a message.
Updated information will be provided regularly and NIE Networks has asked that customers listen to their radios, visit our website (nienetworks.co.uk) or follow us on Twitter - @NIElectricity - for updates.
Sara McClintock, NIE Networks Communications, said: "NIE Networks will be working into the night to do all that we can to restore electricity supplies to our customers as quickly and safely as we can”
NIE Networks is reminding customers of the precautionary measures to take in the event of a power cut:
never approach broken lines or damaged poles, and keep children and animals away - report damage to NIE Networks on 03457 643 643 and listen to recorded messages carefully
- if you are using a generator, be careful where you site it in case of carbon monoxide poisoning
- turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc. if electricity supply is lost
- leave a light switched on so you know when power has been restored
- take extra care if using candles, oil lamps or other naked flames
- test smoke alarms with fresh batteries
- ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters.