Distribution Code Review Panel
A panel regularly reviews and makes amendments to the Distribution Code, as required. The panel ensures that:
- the Distribution Code and its workings are kept under review
- suggestions for amendments to the Distribution Code are considered by the panel
- recommendations for amendments to the Distribution Code are determined
- guidance is issued in relation to the Distribution Code and its implementation on request
- changes to the Distribution Code are considered as a result of any unforeseen circumstances.
The panel shall consist of:
- A chairperson appointed by NIE Networks
- 4 representatives of NIE Networks
- 3 representatives of electricity generators
- 1 representative of demand customers with large energy usage
- 3 representatives of electricity suppliers
- 1 person appointed by and representing the Utility Regulator.
The Chairman may also invite a representative of the Transmission system operator (TSO) to attend meetings of the panel.
The panel is required to establish and comply at all times with its own rules and procedures relating to the conduct of its business. Download a copy of the panel’s Constitution and Rules [120kB PDF].