Emergency crews continue to work on repairs to power cuts affecting around 2,700 homes and businesses. Customers can call our helpline on 03457 643 643, visit our website – nienetworks.co.uk – or follow us on Twitter @NIElectricity for updates.
Sara McClintock, NIE Networks’ Communications, said: "Crews are working hard to manage the 250 individual network faults. All available operational staff are redeployed to help repair efforts and we will be restoring power to customers as quickly and safely as possible.”
NIE Networks is also reminding customers:
• never approach broken lines or damaged poles, and keep children and animals away - report damage to NIE Networks on 03457 643 643 and listen to recorded messages carefully
• if you are using a generator, be careful where you site it in case of carbon monoxide poisoning
• turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc. if electricity supply is lost
• leave a light switched on so you know when power has been restored
• take extra care if using candles, oil lamps or other naked flames
• test smoke alarms with fresh batteries
• ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters.