Electrical Engineering Graduate programme
Engineering is integral to our business and that is why at NIE Networks we are committed to developing young talent through our graduate engineering programme.
Our electricity network is changing. We are renewing older parts of the network, integrating new 'smart' technologies and responding to the challenges of renewable energy.
If you want to be involved in shaping the energy infrastructre of the future, work on multi-million pound projects and develop your career as an electrical engineer then NIE Networks could be for you.
What we offer
2 year programme and throughout this time you may rotate through different parts of the business.
Starting at £27,000 and on the successful completion of the graduate programme, you can expect to earn circa £32,000.
- 20 days holidays plus 11 statutory days (increases to 25 days when 2 year programme is completed)
- Membership of the NIE pension scheme (which is matched up to 7%)
- Future development and career progression opportunities for exemplary employees
- Potential 10% performance bonus after 2 year training period
- Membership of private health care scheme after 2 year training period
- A full and extensive induction programme
Throughout the programme there will always be someone on hand to support and guide you. You will be placed alongside one of our experienced senior mentors who will endeavour to support your technical and personal development.
What do you need?
Qualifications: A minimum of 2:2 Honours Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related subject.
- A practical understanding of electricity networks including substation plant and equipment
- A motivated, enthusiastic and determined person with a focus on customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and capable of demonstrating initiative
- An analytical thinker, inquiring and attentive to detail
- A team player