Apprentice training programme - Currently open
At Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks), training and development is at the centre of everything we do. We have been training apprentices through our dedicated in-house facilities and experienced instructors for over 40 years.
Applicants should be aware that selection will be made in accordance with the eligibility criteria for the funding of Apprenticeships NI as set out by the Department For Employment and Learning.
Who are we looking for?
We are keen to attract highly motivated individuals who are able to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach combined with enthusiasm, drive and determination.
We are currently looking for overhead lines and underground cable jointing apprentices.
- Be 16 years old from the start date
- Hold or expect to achieve 4 GCSE passes at Grade C (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English Language by the start date
How to apply?
To apply please read our guidelines for online applications
Follow us on Twitter
for updates on the application process.
What do we offer?
We recruit apprentices across a range of different disciplines according to our business needs. Find out more about the roles of our apprentices.
We are currently looking for apprentices in overhead lines and underground cable jointing.
Our apprentice programme lasts for up to four years. During the first and second year, you will attend college on a day release basis to study for a BTEC National Certificate in Electrical Engineering.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will work towards achieving a QCF diploma in Electrical Power Engineering Level 2 and/or Level 3 or alternatively EAL Level 3 Certificate in Utility Infrastructure Processes.
This is combined with skills based training, which will be carried out at our specialist training centres and work sites across Northern Ireland. This gives you the opportunity to really apply what you are learning throughout your studies.
Our apprentice training programme offers a highly competitive and attractive package, which includes:
- A starting salary of circa £11,500. On successful completion of the training programme, employees can expect to earn circa £21,500
- 20 days holidays plus 11 statutory days
- A full and extensive induction programme
- Accommodation and travel allowance
- Sponsored study leave and course fees to attain a BTEC National Certificate
- Membership of the NIE Pension Scheme (which is matched up to 7%)
- Childcare vouchers and family friendly policies
- Occupational health and welfare provisions
- Personal development opportunities including attending schools and colleges to promote the NIE Networks' apprenticeship
When is the deadline?
Completed applications must be submitted by 4pm on Friday, 26th February 2016.
CVs will not be accepted for this position.
Late applications due to technical reasons will not be accepted.
Please note that all applicants will be communicated with using the email provided with their application.