Work experience placements
Each year we offer second level students the opportunity to gain vital industry experience at NIE Networks in electrical engineering. This opportunity allows students to gain a valuable insight into this area and experience first hand the type of work an electrical engineer does within NIE Networks.
We look for candidates who are self motivated, have good communication and time management skills and an enthusiasm for learning and discovering new things.
On the work placement you’ll get to experience what an electrical engineer does through
- Job shadowing
- Site visits
- practical desk based tasks
- presenting information
- interacting with all levels of NIE Networks i.e. graduate trainees to senior managers
Benefits of work experience in NIE Networks:
- increases your awareness of the skills, attributes, qualifications and experience expected by NIE Networks and other employers
- helps develop your communication, inter-personal, organisational, team work and IT skills
- gives you an insight into what an electrical engineer job involves
- gives you an idea of how the utility sector works
- gives you the chance to talk to people who are already doing the job
- develops your networking opportunities
- gives you an opportunity to learn more about yourself, your likes and dislikes
How to apply
Our work placement opportunity for February 2017 has now closed.