Tips for interview success
The best advice we could give all hopeful candidates is preparation. We have listed a few pointers to help you on your way to interview success.
Prior to the interview
- Research Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks), this will create a great impression on the interview panel.
- Research the job including the roles and responsibilities
- Prepare for typical interview questions
- Prepare relevant questions for the interview panel; this demonstrates that you have a real interest in the role and the company.
Day of the interview
- Be confident of the location and time of your interview
- Know who to report to on arrival for your interview
- Arrive in good time
- Dress to impress
During the interview
- Greet the interview panel courteously, introduce yourself, offer a firm hand shake and make eye contact.
- Don’t let your nerves get the better of you. It’s important to remain calm, cool and collected.
- Concentrate on the interview questions, don’t rush your answer, and really take the time to think how you can best answer the question.
- Showcase your knowledge of the company and the job role.
- Demonstrate your energy, enthusiasm and passion for NIE Networks.
- Sell yourself and let us know why we’d be mad not to employ you.