Apprentice training programme
At Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks), training and development is at the centre of everything we do. We have been training apprentices through our dedicated in-house facilities and experienced instructors for over 40 years.
Our apprenticeship programme offers training in eight different disciplines. Each year, dependent on business need, we will recruit apprentices for one or more of the following disciplines:
- Wayleave officers
- Cable jointers
- Overhead lines persons
- Plant maintenance electricians
- Meter operatives
During the three year programme you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification alongside gaining new technical and practical skills.
- A starting salary of circa £11,500. On successful completion of the training programme, employees can expect to earn circa £21,500
- Sponsored study leave and course fees to attain a BTEC National Certificate
- Achievement of a Level 3 diploma in Electrical Power Engineering
- Accommodation and travel allowance
- 20 days holidays plus 11 statutory days
- To be 16 years old from the start date (usually September each year)
- Hold or expect to achieve 4 GCSE passes at Grade C (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English language by the start date.
How to apply
Our 2017 apprentice programme is now closed.