Apprentice training programme
At Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks), training and development is at the centre of everything we do. We have been training apprentices through our dedicated in-house facilities and experienced instructors for over 40 years.
Want to know more? Learn first hand from some of our apprentices what it's like to be on the programme.
Our apprenticeship programme offers training in eight different roles. Each year we recruit apprentices for one or more of these roles depending on our business requirements.
During the three year programme you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification alongside gaining new technical and practical skills.
What we offer:
- A starting salary of circa £11,500. On successful completion of the training programme, employees can expect to earn circa £21,500
- Sponsored study leave and course fees to attain a BTEC National Certificate
- Achievement of a Level 3 diploma in Electrical Power Engineering
- Accommodation and travel allowance
- 20 days holidays plus 11 statutory days
- To be 16 years old from the start date (usually September each year)
- Hold or expect to achieve 4 GCSE passes at Grade C (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English language by the start date.
How to apply
Our 2017 apprentice programme is now closed. Check back here for more information about our next programme.