Distribution Code Review Panel
A panel regularly reviews and makes amendments to the Distribution Code, as required. The panel ensures that:
- the Distribution Code and its workings are kept under review
- suggestions for amendments to the Distribution Code are considered by the panel
- recommendations for amendments to the Distribution Code are determined
- guidance is issued in relation to the Distribution Code and its implementation on request
- changes to the Distribution Code are considered as a result of any unforeseen circumstances.
The panel shall consist of:
- A chairperson appointed by NIE Networks
- 4 representatives of NIE Networks
- 3 representatives of electricity generators
- 1 representative of demand customers with large energy usage
- 3 representatives of electricity suppliers
- 1 person appointed by and representing the Utility Regulator.
The Chairman may also invite a representative of the Transmission system operator (TSO) to attend meetings of the panel.
A new panel was nominated and approved by the Utility Regulator on 4 February 2015. More information on the Distribution Code Review Panel is available in section 6 (page 5) of the Distribution Code.